biggest hassle among landlords and tenants is…..
you guessed it, security deposit issues!
Find all the
answers and solutions to everyday security
deposit laws, collection, charges and refunds
- Go To Any of the 50 States’ Laws
Regulating Landlord-Tenant Security
- Access Our Information Center
for Timely Articles, Review Security
Deposit Forms, and Letters
- See the “Big Picture” about
Setting, Collecting, Enforcing,
Charging and Refunding Security
Deposits in One Informative Process
- Purchase Individual Security
Deposit Forms, Letters and
Checklists at our Online, Safe and
- Check Out our FAQ Section for
Quick Answers or Resolutions To
Every Day Problems
- View Books and Security Deposit
Tips and Techniques
- Learn What, "Normal Wear and
Tear" Really Means, and How To Make
Proper Charges Against the Tenant
- How To Avoid Hassles that Can
Arise from the Security Deposit
- Access to all 50 States’ Small
Claims Courts Online
Below For the Landlord Resource You Want
Knowledge and Information Center
– we do the Internet research for you! Here you find a great collection of articles that focus on issues surrounding security deposits. Great advice for everyone.
Law Chart - 50 States -
This is the most comprehensive summary
security deposit law guide available on
the Internet for all 50 states and the
District of Columbia (3 parts). It has
been meticulously double checked and
includes links to each state’s statute
and an authoritative publication, not a
blog or newspaper column filler.
Live link to the
security deposit statute of each
state (paid members only)
Each state’s deadline
for refund or accounting of deposits
at the end of tenancy
Security Deposit Forms
– an excellent resource; contains most if not all of the forms and letters you might need to help you collect, manage and make proper charges against security deposits.
Normal Wear and Tear
– what is it, why does it cause so much consternation and find out how to make it work to your advantage as a landlord or manager. See our list of specific tenant caused damages that described normal wear and tear and chargeable items against the tenant's deposit.
Process Chart for Collecting, Managing and Refunding Security Deposit
– Get a birds eye view of the security deposit process.
Inspections and Photographs
– the key to avoiding disputes and arguments. Read expert drafted articles on the subject of conducting inspections and taking photographs.
e-Store - a collection of time and money
saving articles on rent collection and other rental and
property management subjects
Security Deposit Kit for Landlords
– here it is, the most comprehensive guide and forms for all landlords anywhere in the U.S. Learn from landlords that have processed thousands of deposits.
– after your tenant vacates, are you one of many thousands of landlords who do some, much or all of work to refurbish your rental for the next tenant? Here you can find lots of do-it-yourself resources, including invoice forms to use for charging tenant deposits for the work you complete.
Alternative Security Deposit Companies
– As a landlord you require that the tenant to pay a security deposit, right?
This company provide an insurance policy instead.
Books - an excellent collection of books on the subject of rent collection, and rental and property management. Knowledge is power.
Got a Security Deposit Question?
- Submit your question to one of our experts
in the Landlord.com Discussion Forum!
Security Deposit Tips and Techniques
- learn from professional landlord and managers the best ways to manage security deposit issues. Learn how to handle difficult tenants and unusual situations.
Small Claims Court Directory
- if you have to take your current or former tenant to court... here is where you will find links to your state's small claims court system.
Save time, avoid hassles, buy your own
Deposit Kit For Landlords